NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Restated Articles of Incorporation and the Corporate Bylaws shall take precedence over Board Policies and that the following Board Policy regarding Bowling shall provide instruction, direction and guidelines regarding such and shall remain in effect until such time it is amended or removed.
In addition to the Code of Conduct and RCSC Rules & Regulations in Board Policy Resolution No. 10, the following shall apply to both the Lakeview Bowling Center and the Bell Bowling Center (“Bowling Centers”):
USAGE OF BOWLING CENTERS
- RCSC Cardholders and their guests may use the Bowling Centers. RCSC Cardholders must be Cardholders in good standing and present a valid card to RCSC personnel in order to pay Cardholder rates for bowling. Guests of RCSC Cardholders are not required to use a Host Punch Card to bowl. RCSC Cardholder guests shall pay the guest rate for bowling.
- Residents outside of Sun City (“non-resident(s)”) and Sun City residents who do not have a valid Member or Privilege Card (“non-cardholder(s)”), 55 years old and older, may bowl at the RCSC Bowling Centers provided they show government issued identification, with picture, verifying their age. Such bowlers shall pay the guest rate for bowling and shall be allowed to participate in league play and may not be removed from a league/team once they have established a regular league/team status.
- Guests, under 55 years of age, may use the bowling facilities but their host, a RCSC Cardholder, must sign them in at the bowling facility. Such guests shall pay the guest rate for bowling.
- Non-residents and non-cardholders between the ages of 19 and 54 may participate in leagues at the Bowling Centers provided that the league has approved such and that at least one league team member is 55 years old or older. The age qualified team member does not have to be a RCSC Cardholder. Any person that is on a league/team who is under the age of 55 can practice during open play without being signed in by a RCSC Cardholder. The open bowl privilege of underage, non-residents and non-cardholders does not extend to their guests. All non-residents and non-cardholders shall pay the guest rates for bowling.
- The Recreation Centers of Sun City West (RCSCW) Cardholders may use RCSC billiard tables located within RCSC bowling centers during the annual RCSCW Sports Pavilion summer shutdown period. The RCSC Bowling Manager will issue a letter to the RCSCW Sports Pavilion Manager annually outlining the rules, policies, procedures and time period for which the approval is extended. RCSCW Cardholders will be allowed to purchase RCSC host punch cards after presenting a valid RCSCW card. Unused punches on the RCSC host punch cards will not be refundable. In order to use the RCSC Billiard facilities, RCSCW cardholders must present their card and a RCSC host punch card. A RCSC host punch card may be used by more than one person but they must be valid RCSCW cardholders. The RCSC host punch card will be punched one time for each person. This privilege is not extended to guests of RCSCW cardholders. RCSC Cardholders will have priority when billiard tables are issued and during busy times, RCSCW cardholders may be asked to discontinue play in order to issue a table to a RCSC cardholder.
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS (also refer to BP 10):
The Bowling Manager will make and publish rules and regulations in the conduct, administration, care, and maintenance of the lanes and equipment to keep them in a condition in order to comply with USBC certified play. A copy of such rules and regulations will be kept in the Bowling Manager’s office and published at the Bowling Centers. The Bowling Manager will review these rules and regulations once each year or as required.
Bowling Instruction Classes are open to all RCSC Cardholders and to non-residents or non-cardholders 55 years old and older.
Only approved tournaments will be allowed at RCSC Bowling Centers. The following is the criteria for tournament approval:
- No more than one RCSC Bowling Center will schedule a tournament on the same day, other than an in-house tournament, unless approved by the Board. In-house tournaments will be directed by the Bowling Manager and RCSC personnel.
- All tournaments shall be scheduled in advance and requests for such shall be submitted to the Bowling Manager. Upon request for a tournament, the Bowling Manager will verify the validity of the request.
- Upon the request for a bid from an USBC sponsored event, the Bowling Manager shall determine if the lanes can accommodate the tournament on the requested dates and times.
- RCSC Cardholders, non-residents and non-cardholders are allowed to participate in tournament events as long as they meet the requirements listed in the tournament rules. All tournament participants shall pay the lineage rate posted on the entry form.