by Jim Wellman
General Centers Projects / Information
- The Photo Voltaic (PV-Electricity producing) projects are in the last stages of approval (permitting process) with Maricopa County Planning and Development Department. Two permits have now been issued for the “thermal” solar projects at Bell Center. The RCSC is expecting the approval of the Oakmont “thermal” solar permit any day now from Maricopa County Planning and Development Department. Solar contractors include Wilson Electric for the photovoltaic solar and Priceless Plumbing for thermal solar.
- Security fencing and gates have been replaced at one pump station location at Lakes West, Riverview and Willow Creek golf courses. Contractor was Sav-On-Fence. (Cost – $15,740)
- “Amazing Duck Race Bucks” are now on sale for $1 each. Duck races will be held at the Lakeview waterfall during the 2012 holiday celebration held Friday, December 14th. Duck buck proceeds will be split with 50% going to the Sun City Prides and 50% given out to winning ducks. Since the RCSC has received so many cardholder requests to “own-a-duck” we will also make ducks available for sale so you can “Pay-A-Buck” and “Own-A-Duck!”
- We hope everyone is planning to attend “Autumn Fest” to be held Wednesday October 31st at Sundial Center. The event hours are 4pm until 9pm. Cost is $10 per person which covers all activities and food with the exception of bingo; also beer and wine will be available for purchase. Please pick up a flyer at the back table or contact the RCSC clubs office for more information and tickets.
Mountain View Center
- The Mountain View pool lighting project continues in the planning stage. The contractor is preparing project plans and obtaining photometric data so he can submit for the construction permit. Materials for this project are also being ordered. The project includes induction type lighting around the swimming pool and two pole lights in the mini golf area. Contractor is Accel Electric. (Cost – $40,000)
- A short sidewalk has been installed at Mountain View between the lawn bowl green and the East parking lot. Contractor was Ken McIntyre Construction. (Cost – $2,809)
- Plans are underway to install induction type pole lights at the Mt View pickleball courts. Contractor is ATS Electrical. (Cost – $23,422)
South Maintenance/ Quail Run
- The building drawings for the new South Golf Maintenance building are completed and submitted for permit with Maricopa County Planning and Development. The drawings are also being sent out for contractor bids prior to review and approval by the RCSC bid commission. Contractors to date include Bunger Steel, Inc and CCBG Architectural.
- Re-carpeting of the Quail Run pro shop will take place while the golf course is being overseeded in late October 2012. Contractor is Puckett’s Flooring. (Cost – $4,432)
Lakeview Center, Lakeview Lanes & Café’
- The Lakeview lawn bowl greens will receive replacement metal halide light fixtures on top of the existing light poles as soon as the permit is received from Maricopa County Planning and Development Department. In addition, two electrical panels must be replaced and some new electrical cabling done in order to complete this project. The new light fixtures will supply additional light while keeping energy costs down. Contractor is Wilson Electric. (Cost – $55,880)
- JiMichael’s Lakeview Café’ opened for business on Monday October 1, 2012. The restaurant is already doing a great business and many cardholders have given a “thumbs up” to the clean and beautifully decorated eatery. Stop by and give it a try, you’ll not be disappointed.
- Architectural drawings for the Bell Wood and Metal shop expansion project are completed. The construction drawings were reviewed by Maricopa County Planning and Development and comments sent back to RCSC. The RCSC has already made the necessary drawing changes and re-submitted the plans back to Maricopa County. We are now hopeful that the building permit will be issued soon. Building plans will be sent out to construction companies soon for competitive bids. After all bids are received, the project will be forwarded to the RCSC bid commission for final approval.
- Project planning is nearing completion for the exterior painting of Bell Center. At the present time we are waiting for contractor bids to be returned. Once the bids come back the project will be sent to the RCSC bid commission for final approval.
Sundial Center / Riverview Pro
- Two replacement signs have been ordered for the Riverview golf course. One will be placed on the pro shop building and the other by the #10 tee box. Permit has been obtained from Maricopa County Planning and Development Department and the signs are expected to be installed soon. Contractor is Apollo Signs. (Cost – $13,898)
- Roof coating work on the two lower Sundial auditorium roofs and a section of roof on the West side of the clubs building is now completed. Contractor was Reliable Roofing. (Cost – $ 41,000)
- Plans are underway to install induction type pole lights on four southernmost pickleball courts. Contractor is ATS Electrical. (Cost – $23,422)
- The asphalt lot at Willowcreek/Willowbrook maintenance yard was recently seal coated. Contractor was Sunland Asphalt. (Cost – $3,145)
Skilled Trades Department
- The Skilled Trades department completed 161 work orders during the month of September/October 2012. Please note that the completed work order count does not include routine maintenance work such as fitness equipment repair/maintenance, emergency building and equipment repairs, special painting projects and moving furniture, to name a few.